New Meters - PrepaymentShop Page Enquire
Smart Top Up Meter
Emlite EMA1 Smart Top Up Meter
TOPUPMETERS is a new and exciting way for landlords to recharge for energy usage within their rental properties. Using the proven Em-lite smart meter
TOPUPMETERS is the most modern and up to date prepayment solution available.
TOPUPMETERS offers the latest technology and service for managing energy to your tenants. Like traditional prepayment metering the tenant or consumer will need to prepay for the energy they use, but unlike previous prepayment systems no cash or tokens are required. They simply need to purchase energy from the secure payment website and credit is instantly transferred to their meter via the GSM network.
Many benefits are available to the landlords or site owner in using this system and once the meters are installed there is no other management system required. Simply give each tenant the website address and follow the instructions. TOPUPMETERS will transfer their payments periodically into your nominated bank account. It really is that simple – no issuing of tokens, no cash to be collected and no additional costs. Just an easy monthly payment that can be recovered from the standing charges to your tenant.
- Tokenless prepayment
- Online top ups from anywhere in the world
- Optional Emergency Credit feature
- Manual top up supported for emergency situations
- All operational charges are recovered from the tenant
- GPRS Communications with Network roaming SIM
- Tariff pricing, Time-Of-Use and Block Tariffs
- In Home Display option (IHD)
- Measuring Instrument Direct (MID) approved
- Supports dual fuel applications with optional Gas sender
What are the advantages of the TOPUPMETERS system?
- Payments received instantly when a tenant adds credit to their meter.
- No need to engage with tenants in the event of a failed top-up as codes can be manually entered at the meter
- Online monitoring to keep track of energy consumption and billing history.
- No vendor equipment needed, everything is web based.
- Low running costs
- Annualised costs can be recovered from the tenant via standing charges – No cost to landlord.
- Top-ups are made with credit or debit cards, no more finding the right change!
- Send credit to the meter anytime and from anywhere in the world!
- Manual entry from the meter interface in the event of failed remote top-up.
- With the optional in-home display you have a convenient way of keeping track of energy usage and see when credit is running low
The TOPUPMETERS service is designed for landlords and property managers who require their tenants or licensees to pay for their energy consumption on a prepayment basis. For example landlords that rent property with their own electricity and gas supply. Or an apartment block with multiple dwellings where each of the tenants pays for their own electricity and gas usage.
The TOPUPMETERS service uses Stripe to handle card payments. All landlords / property owners can either set up a merchant account with Stripe or can provide their bank details to receive monthly settlements.
All TOPUPMETERS have a GPRS module with a network resilient SIM card that will scan for the strongest available network operator. This provides a reliable link to the meter for sending credit top-ups.
The top up meters use network roaming SIMS so although the person might not have a good reception on their phone it doesn’t mean the meters will be the same. As long as the reception is good for either Vodafone, O2 or EE then it shouldn’t be a problem. In the extreme scenario that all networks are poor then the unit can be swapped for an external antenna version. This will add around £20 – £25 inclusive of a 5M Ariel on a cable that will need to be mounted outside the property.
Subscription Pricing (click here to see PDF attachment)
Bulk order discounts apply with this product.